This policy relates to our collection and handling of personal information that is covered by the Privacy Act. It is not intended to cover categories of personal information that are not covered by the Privacy Act. The information is gathered via a number of sources including but not limited to:
- our Websites (including but not limited to skaftafell.com, troll.is, trollaferdir.is, trollexpeditions.com, solheimajokull.is, icelandadvice.is, snorkelingsilfra.com)
- our social media (including but not limited to instagram.com/trollexpeditions – twitter.com/trollexpeditions – facebook.com/trollexpeditions – youtube.com/rollexpeditions – instagram.com/trollexpeditions – facebook.com/icelandadvice)
- banners, banner adds; cookies from our websites
- any software; and any other way information is collected manually or electronically.
2. Why We Collect Information
The data that we collect from you may be accessed in Iceland and overseas where required. In this case, where data is stored overseas, it may also be processed by staff operating outside Iceland who works for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your Service, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
The data and personal information collected is used and disclosed for the following primary purposes:
- to provide the Services
- to respond to enquiries
- to maintain a customer relationship
- to register and receive new Customers or Customers
- to fulfil obligations in other Terms such as the Returns Policy
- to maintain the Services and Website
- improve the browsing experience of the Website
- to handle enquiries and complaints from Customers and Customers
- to keep the Website secure and assist in preventing fraud
- to provide updates, deals and newsletters
- to improve our Products, Services, and Website
3. What Do We Do With This Information
- We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to provide you with information, Products or Services that you request from Us or which We feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to ensure that content from Our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to carry out Our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Us;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of Our Products and Services when you choose to do so; and
- to notify you about changes to Our Products and Services.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about Services and Products which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these.
4. We Do Not Disclose Your Information
We may disclose your registration information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries (as the case may be).
We do not routinely disclose personal information to other organizations unless:
- Required by law
- We believe it necessary to provide you with a product or Service which you have requested
- to protect the rights, property or personal safety of any member of the public or one of our Customers or in Our interests
- some or all of Our assets or Our operations are or may be transferred to another party as part of the sale of some or all of Our business; or you give your consent.
We may also share non-personal, de-identified and aggregated information for research or promotional purposes. Except as set out in this policy, we do not sell or trade personal information to third parties or allow such third parties to use that personal information.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise the right at any time by contacting us at [email protected] & [email protected].
5. What Are Your Rights
Your personal information is protected under data protection law and you have a number of rights (see below) which you can seek to exercise.
The right of access
You have the right to access your personal data (e.g. data that is about you) that we hold, subject to certain exceptions.
The right to rectify your personal information
If you discover that the information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to have this information rectified (i.e. corrected)
The right to be forgotten
You have right to request that we delete your data. We will do so, provided we do not have a compelling reason for keeping it. Please be aware that if you request for your personal information to be deleted, such requests may affect your relationship with us as a customer.
The right to restriction of processing
In some cases you may have the right to have the processing of your personal information restricted. For example, where you contest the accuracy of your personal information, its use may be restricted until the accuracy is verified.
The right to data portability
You have the right to receive, move, copy or transfer your personal information for your own purposes across different services, for example different unions.
The right to withdraw consent
You have the right to withdraw your consent where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you.
If you want to exercise any of the rights described above or are dissatesfied with the way we have used your information please contact us in writing, by email or telephone using the details shown under “contact us” below, or if you have any queries in relation to your rights. Please note that these rights do not apply in all circumstances.
6. How Long We Store Your Personal Data
We will keep hold of your data for no longer than necessary. The length of time we retain it will depend on any legal obligations we have, the nature of any contract we have in place with you, the existence of your consent or our legitimate interest as a business.
7. Contact Us
icelandadvice.is/ Iceland Advice
Address: Fiskislóð 45 G, 101 Reykjavík. Iceland
Phone Number: +354 5195544
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Our Company has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you many contact The Data Protection Authority.
Address: Rauðarárstígur 10, 105 Reykjavík, Iceland.
Phone Number: +354 510 9600
Email: [email protected]