✅ Active volcanic eruption
Minimum age: 8 Years.
Duration: 7 Hours.
Included: Experienced and trusted guide, Crampons when need, Headlamps when needed, Hot Chocolate & Kleina
Bring with you: Good Hiking Boots, Water or Energy Drinks, Energy Bars or light snacks, Hat & Gloves, Wind- & waterproof Jacket.
Get the experience of a lifetime. See an active volcanic eruption.
Our guide will pick you up in Reykjvík or meet you in Grindavík, what suits you better. Then you will head out for an adventure of a life time. The hike up to Geldingadalur Valley is about 1- 1.5 hours, the hike is a medium difficulty. After hiking up to the volcano you’ll walk around it and see the hot lava spewing out and new land in the making. We will hike around the Volcano and explore the newly made lava field. Once we’ll find a great spot to sit down and have a hot chocolate and an Icelandic doughnut “Kleina”. For those who like to have a little bit more, we urge them to bring some lunch.
Fagradalsfjall is the newest volcanic eruption in the land of ice and fire, use this amazing opportunity and see the hot lava flow.
Once you’ve hiked around the newly made lava and seen the volcano from all angles we’ll head back to bus and back to Reykjavík, just make sure that you’ll take a piece of the new lava with you.
*Some of the days when the wind is blowing we might not be able to hike all around the volcano, but our guide will take you to the best locations open each day.
Need to Bring
- Good Hiking Boots
- Water or Energy Drinks
- Energy Bars or light snacks
- Hat & Gloves
- Wind- & waterproof Jacket
Good to Know
- We will always follow the Icelandic Rescue Team instructions on the best route to take every day to avoid the fumes according to the wind direction.
- Pick up is from designated locations in Reykjavík on a drop-down menu at the time of booking. Pick up is not available from Keflavik airport or outside of the greater capital area.
- All-day tours can be cancelled up to 24 hours from the departure time with the full price refunded by sending an email to [email protected] All cancellations requested less than 24 hours from the departure time are non-refundable.
- In the case of cancellation of the tour by the operator because of extreme weather, road conditions, or other factors, we will assist you with rebooking to another date or booking other activities when possible or provide a full refund.
- The 24 hour policy “applies to extras as well (rental Hiking Boots, Waterproof Jacket & Waterproof Pants).