✅ Active volcanic eruption
✅ Small Group
Minimum age: 8 Years.
Duration: 7 Hours.
Included: Experienced and trusted guide, Hot chocolate, Icelandic chocolate
Bring with you: Warm clothes and sturdy shoes.
Get the experience of a lifetime: witness an active volcanic eruption and molten lava!
Our guide will pick you up in Reykjavik and then you will head out for your once-in-a-lifetime experience. The beautiful hike up to Geldingadalur Valley takes about 2 hours, while you enjoy unbelievable views of old lava fields.
Once you’re at the site of the volcano, you will witness how those lava fields were formed, as you can see new lava spewing and flowing.
While you will get to spend some time by this natural wonder, we will also find a good and safe spot to enjoy the Icelandic chocolate, hraun – which stands for “lava”. If you feel like you might need a bit more than this on the hike, we urge you to bring some lunch.
Need to Bring
- Water or energy drinks
- Protein or energy bars
- Warm clothes (first layer)
- Waterproof Outdoor Clothing (second layer)
- Hiking boots (available for rent when booking)
- Joy and happiness!
Good to Know
- We will always follow the Icelandic Rescue Team instructions on the best route to take every day to avoid the fumes according to the wind direction.
- Pick up is from designated locations in Reykjavík on a drop-down menu at the time of booking. Pick up is not available from Keflavik airport or outside of the greater capital area.
- All day tours can be cancelled up to 24 hours from the departure time with the full price refunded by sending an email to [email protected] All cancellations requested less than 24 hours from the departure time are non refundable.
- In the case of cancellation of the tour by the operator because of extreme weather, road conditions or other factors, we will assist you with rebooking to another date or booking other activities when possible, or provide a full refund.