3 Day Winter Adventure, Snorkel, Ice Cave, Glacier Hike, South Coast & Golden CircleCome on a 3-day excursion to go snorkeling between continents at Silfra in the Golden Circle, enter a blue ice cave and glacier hike on Europe's largest glacier and see the stunning South Coast.
✅ Thingvellir National Park
✅ Snorkeling between the continents
✅ Silfra Fissure
✅ Thingvellir National Park
✅ Geysir geothermal area
✅ Gullfoss waterfall
✅ Geysir geothermal area
✅ Skógafoss & Seljalandsfoss waterfalls
✅ Glacier Hike & Blue Ice Cave Tour
✅ Jökulsárlón, the Glacier Lagoon
✅ Diamond Beach
✅ the Black Sand Beach
Difficulty: Easy to Moderate
Minimum age: Minimum age is 8 years for the glacier hike and 12 years for snorkeling. Children under 8 years old can take part in all other activities.
✓ Thingvellir National Park
✓ Snorkeling between the continents
✓ Silfra Fissure
✓ Thingvellir National Park
✓ Geysir geothermal area
✓ Gullfoss waterfall
✓ Geysir geothermal area
✓ Skógafoss waterfall
✓ Seljalandsfoss waterfall
✓ Skaftafell Nature Reserve in Vatnajokull National Park – Glacier Hike Tour
✓ Blue Ice Cave Tour
✓ Jökulsárlón, the Glacier Lagoon
✓ Diamond Beach
✓ Reynisfjara – The Black Sand Beach
✓ English speaking guide
✓ Certified Glacier Guide
✓ Small Group (21 persons max)
✓ Wi-Fi and Icelandic music on board
✓ Glacier equipment: helmet, harness, crampons, and ice axe
✓ Certified Snorkeling Guide
✓ Free GoPro Underwater Photos
✓ All Necesary Snorkeling Equipment
✓ Warm Undersuit and Drysuit
✓ Hot drinks and cookies after the tour!
✓ Accommodation for 2 nights in a comfortable hotel with breakfast included and private bathroom
What you need to bring
• Warm clothes (first layer)
• Waterproof clothing (second layer)
• Hiking boots (available for rent when booking)
• Snorkeling Silfra Medical Statement Form (can also be signed on location) – click here.
• Joy and happiness!
Good to know
• Order or availability of attractions may change due to road or weather conditions.
• Participants MUST have read, signed, and followed directions on the Snorkeling Silfra Medical Statement Form – click here. You can also sign the form at the meeting location.
• The limit is 24″ suitcase per person, and no multiple luggage allowed. If there is limited space in the car you might need to leave part of your luggage in our luggage storage, free of charge
• We have to adjust timings to the short daylight and we always try to avoid big crowds.
• Pick up is from designated locations in Reykjavík. Pick up from Keflavík airport or outside of the greater capital area is not available.
• You will see the designated pick up locations in Reykjavík on a drop-down menu at the time of booking.
• You can bring some favorite snacks and beverages if you like.
• We recommend you bring hiking boots with slip-resistant soles if you are visiting in the winter. Hiking boots are available at the time of booking.
– Have read, signed, and followed directions on the Snorkeling Silfra Medical Statement Form – click here. We recommend you bring the Form already printed out and signed, but you cal also can sign the Form at the meeting location.
– Be comfortable in water and be able to swim.
– Communicate in English at the time of the tour.
– Be physically fit.
– Not be pregnant.
– You must be ready to wear a tight and constricting dry suit to protect your body from the cold.
– You must be a minimum of 150 cm and a maximum of 200 cm in height and weigh between 45 and 120 kilos along with being physically fit.
– You must be a maximum of 69 years of age to participate in this tour. If you are over 60 years of age, you need a medical waiver, available on page 2 of the Medical Statement.
– You must be a minimum of 12 years of age to participate in this tour. Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian booked on the same tour.
– If you are over 45 and partake/have partaken in pipe smoking or heavy alcohol intake, you need a medical waiver.
– Please note that should you have any neurological, circulatory or respiratory problems or underlying diseases, battled any illnesses or have any physical problems you might have to turn in a physicians allowance to participate in this tour.
Hop on a comfortable minibus with a friendly and experienced guide and a small group on a 3-day excursion with us to explore the most famous locations in the Golden Circle and the South Coast.
In this tour, you’ll get the chance to see the famous Geysir and the geothermal area, Gullfoss the powerful waterfall, Thingvellir National Park in the Golden Circle. While at the Thingvellir National park, you will get suited up to snorkel in the crystal clear water in Silfra which is situated right between the North American and European tectonic plates. Your experience swimming between the continents will be recorded and you will have gopro images to take as a souvenir.
On the second and third day, you’ll be taken to the famous South Coast. Along the shore, you’ll get to see the famous black sand beach, Reynisfjara, our stunning glacier lagoon Jökulsárlón in Vatnajökull National Park, where you’ll also get the change to explore Europe’s largest glacier and enter a blue ice cave in it.
You will be picked up from Reykjavík, and from there, set out to see Iceland’s most famous route: The Golden Circle. You’ll get the chance to experience everything that the area has to offer, including geothermal areas, waterfalls, and our favorite locals.
Within the waters of Silfra you will see the incredible shades of blue so prevalent in the fissure, as well as the natural under-water flora canyon walls. As you are swimming you will have the opportunity to move across continents, as you will be switching back and forth from both the North American and Eurasian tectonic plates, which is one of Thingvellir’s most famous characteristics.
Thingvellir National Park
We visit the place where the two tectonic plates, the North American and the Eurasian plate, are moving away from each other. Few places in the world offer a better and clearer view of this massive geographic activity. The biggest natural lake in Iceland is also located at Thingvellir National Park and hosts a great variety of fish and bird life. Thingvellir is also an important place for Icelandic national history. At Thingvellir Icelanders founded their parliament in 930 a.d. where the chieftains had their annual meeting every summer. The name “Thingvellir” translates to “Parliament Plains”.
The melting water from Iceland´s second biggest glacier, Langjökull, falls into a deep canyon forming the majestic “Golden Falls”. On a sunny day, you can see the glacier Langjökull in the distance and enjoy a rainbow in the mist of the waterfall, an Instagram blockbuster waiting to happen!
Geysir Geothermal Area
The Geysir geothermal area hosts hundreds of colorful hot springs and two geysers, erupting hot springs. One is called “Geysir” and name giving for all the geysers in the world. Today, however, it erupts very seldom. The other geyser is called “Strokkur” and erupts every 5 minutes up to 40 meters.
After you had seen all these magical places, you’ll get back on the bus and we’ll take you to the hotel to rest and get ready for the second day of your tour.
Our arrival is announced by the powerful theatrics of Seljalandsfoss. Bring a raincoat and you’ll be able to make the short hike behind the falls. The scene behind the fall and the trembling ground from the power of the falling water makes for an automatic Instagram blockbuster!
Further east along the coast is Skógafoss waterfall. Skógafoss is an incredibly picturesque sight. Tucked in a little gorge, the river Skógá tumbles down a 60 meter cliff before continuing down the landscape towards the Atlantic Ocean. Alongside the gorge a staircase can take you to the shelf above the waterfall for stunning views. See if you can count your steps on your way up.
Northern Lights Discovery
Arriving at our hotel in the Southeast, you will move into your room, have dinner and then meet your guide for further information about the Northern Lights. If the sky is clear and the forecast is good your guide will walk out with you in the vicinity of your hotel a good spot to hunt the famous Aurora Borealis
Day 3 –
Jökulsárlón, the Glacier Lagoon
Then comes Jökulsárlón glacier lagoon, a 200m deep glacial lagoon fed by Breiðamerkurjökull, an outlet glacier of Europe’s largest glacier. Enormous icebergs come from Breiðamerkurjökull all year round so the lagoon is usually filled with ice that floats south. Try walking alongside the glacier lagoon enjoying the magnificent views and dead silence of Icelandic nature.
On the other side of the road the icebergs from Jökulsárlón glacier lagoon float into the Atlantic Ocean where they are quickly thrown back to shore by the tide and winds. This black sand beach is full of smaller ice rocks in all shapes and sizes, sparkling like diamonds in the daylight. The ice itself comes in all shades of white and blue forming beautiful contrasts, guaranteed to make your Instagram account pop!
Blue Ice Cave
Today we will do a glacier hike to reach the blue ice caves in Skaftafell. We recommend wearing waterproof hiking boots that cover your ankles and have hard sole. Iceland’s nature is dominated by glaciers and it is only possible to explore them with a certified guide and safety equipment. Your guide will share with you his expertise about the ice caves, allowing you to truly appreciate this amazing natural phenomenon – spoiler alert… it will be blue.
Reynisfjara, the Black Sand Beach
Later, we visit the black sand beach of Reynisfjara where the Atlantic coastline presents massive waves hitting the unique basalt columns in the cliffs above the sand. Rock pillars in the water and the cliffs of Dýrhólaey are seen in the distance. This area of the south is also a paradise for bird lovers, as puffins and dozens of other unique species nest on top of these cliffs in the summertime from June to August.
The adventure ends when your guide drops you off Reykjavík at designated location and then you can go home to tell all tours friends about the wonders that Western Iceland has to offer.
So, what are you waiting for?
Come and join us to see the Golden Circle, blue caves in South and glacier hiking! This is the ultimate Icelandic experience on a minibus with a small group and friendly experienced guide guaranteed.
Book this tour by selecting a date