✅ Explore unique natural ice caves
✅ Vatnajökull glacier (Europe’s largest glacier)
✅ Departure from Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon
✅ Fantastic photo opportunities
✅ Experienced local guide
✅ Super Jeep adventure
✅ Necessary safety equipment (helmet and crampons)
Meeting Point: At Jökulsárlón-Glacier Lagoon 30 minutes before departure time (GPS Coordinates 64.0478597,-16.1789879) – View on Google Maps HERE.
Bring with you: Warm and waterproof jacket and pants, hiking boots, headwear and gloves.
Duration: 2 – 3 Hours.
- Good outdoor clothing and hiking boots are required.
- A reasonable level of fitness is required for our all our tours.
- It´s customer’s responsibility to inform our guides if they have any kind of health issue.
- There is a 48 hours’ cancellation policy; customers will get a full refund if they cancel tour 48+ hours before departure.
- If the tour is canceled for some reason, i.e. due to weather, customers get a full refund.
- Iceland Advice / Glacier Journey does not assume any responsibility for accidents which are caused by its customers or can be traced to their own actions.
- All our tours are undertaken on the responsibility of its participants.
- Iceland Advice / Glacier Journey cannot make sure that no other persons or other unrelated groups are in the area at the same time as our tours.
- Required participants per tour are two persons.
You will get the opportunity of a lifetime to enjoy one of the world’s greatest wilderness, Iceland’s largest glacier. You are driven in a specially modified Super Jeep to the glacier, where you get to explore the glacier environment, enjoy a view out of this world, go into and underneath the glacier and experience the glacier’s beauty from the inside!
Glacier Journey is truly a unique experience. An experienced local guide leads the way and shares a wealth of fascinating information about glaciers, icefields and their impact on our environment during our journey, making sure everyone enjoys themselves to the fullest.
Our guides provide you with safety equipment (helmet and crampons) and the fun begins!
Sometimes we are not able to access the ice caves due to the weather. That´s something we can´t control, unfortunately! If the rain has been intense the previous days before the tour, the cave will need to evacuate the water, since the ice cave is the plumbing system of the glacier.
If that happens, we will go the extra mile and explore other cave-like formations such as glacier arches and mourns. We will try to go as close to the ice cave entrance as possible and hike around the area to create a memorable adventure.